Subject: Re: cd player?
To: John Arley Burns <aburns@earthling.mesas.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/07/1998 00:34:01
On Tue, Jan 06, 1998 at 04:10:23PM -0600, John Arley Burns wrote:
> I and some of my coworkers (we are mostly a NetBSD shop) have tried to
> get the cdrom player to work under NetBSD but without success. We have
> tried to get a few and compile our own but with no success. Our cd
> players are mostly IDE of the soundblaster variety. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Hmm, I just verified if a soundblaster interface works by connecting
an IDE cd-rom player to it and configuring it in, and it worked.

Could you perhaps give more detail (all bootmessages, I/O port / IRQ
configuration of the card, when does it fail, CD-ROM manufacturer)
and perhaps take it to the port-i386 mailing list? You might
get some more reactions there.

- Frank