Subject: atapi cd-rom detection
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/1997 21:34:55
Helo !

I have some problems with detection of my NEC atapi cd-rom device.
Sometimes it appears after detection, but this is a good day specially.
Drive itself works great after detection, certainly. Althought under
FreeBSD auto detection is stable and drive are find anytime. Are there
some way to fix this to predetermined place and avoid probing over the
wdc? devices? My kernel config file looks like this:

wdc0 ... (standard)
wdc1 ... (standard)
wd*	at wdc? drive ?
atapibus* at wdc?
cd*	at atapibus? drive ?

Looks like there are a way to do this, but I don't know what and how
exactly to modify. This atapi cd-rom is placed under primary slave and
there are no other cd devices anyway. If this helps, there are three EIDE
drives also, so all sockets are filled.

Sincerely

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee