Subject: Re: packages collection
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/24/1997 19:38:18
vallo@matti.ee (Vallo Kallaste) writes:

>I have trouble installing NetBSD packages collection and this affects all
>packages, so I mean something in my configuration is buggy. I can't fetch
>any package source from the net, ftp still leaves me message like this:
>ftp: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/....blabla cannot find
>host, maybe this is not exactly I seen, but something similar. My
>connection to the net is right and by hand I can fetch these sources. I
>tried also http, but no success. Also I can't found md5 program, which
>controls the checksum, isn't it? I can override this, but this isn't good.

You need to run a 1.3_BETA system to use the NetBSD packages collection.

You can either upgrade to 1.3_BETA or wait for the 1.3 release which will
be available in a few days.
--
Christoph Badura

Now available in print: Lion's Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source Code
			http://www.peer-to-peer.com/