Subject: Re: sendmail forwarding messages
To: None <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
From: None <Kevin_Tsang@promis.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/02/1997 10:49:49
The way I do it is (and if you have access to the primary DNS for
name.com), add an entry for the mail server for machine.name.com

in named.boot file:
primary        name.com       192.0.1.1 (or whatever)
primary        machine.name.com    192.0.0.2 (ditto)

in machine.name.com file
$ORIGIN name.com.
machine   in   soa  ns.name.com. dns.name.com.
     etc, etc,
          in   mx   5 mail.machine.name.com.
mail      in   a    [your mail server's ip address a.b.c.d]

Regards,
Kevin

johnam@mail.kemper.org on 12/02/97 10:15:37 AM