Subject: Re: CACHE TEST FAILED?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/01/1997 16:10:00
> From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
> On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 02:12:49AM +0100, David Wetzel wrote:
> >
> > HD LED ON. No Net, No Keyboard possible.
>
> Ok.. so just to recap:
>
> 	* You have 1.3_ALPHA installed completely (not just a kernel)?

Yes. All from ftp.netbsd.org from the Alpha directory.

> 	* If you have, just to make sure, swapspace is configured
> 	  correctly (check 'pstat -s')? The fact that swapspace is
> 	  now configured solely by swapctl bit me too with one system.

alice# pstat -s
Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Priority
/dev/sd0b      130197        4   130193     0%    0

> 	* What was the most recent version of the kernel that worked
> 	  for you?

The last version I tried, was 1.2G there worked the NCR but I had the same
UUCP Errors.

> Also, could you perhaps send-pr this, as this would make sure your
> problem gets looked at. The ncr driver has been a source of trouble
> in the past, unfortunately :-(

Well fingers crossed: It works when the system is left alone:

alice# uptime
 4:08PM  up 1 day,  4:32, 1 user, load averages: 0.10, 0.13, 0.10

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION