Subject: Re: who uses the build-in uucp with a modem?
To: Jim Bernard <jbernard@tater.mines.edu>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/1997 16:21:48
> From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@tater.mines.edu>

> On 11 28, David Wetzel wrote:
(...)
> > uucico harvey - (...) ERROR: Too many 'i' protocol errors
> > uucico harvey - (...) Protocol 'i' packets: sent 22, resent 0, received 18
> > uucico harvey - (...) Errors: header 201, checksum 188, order 13, remote
> rejects 0
> > uucico harvey - (...) Call complete (28 seconds 7250 bytes 258 bps)
> >

> > The modem is a external ISDN Device that is acessed with 115200 Baud.
(...)

>   I wish I had a solution, but I just haven't had the time to try to figure
> out what's wrong, and nobody else seems to have figured it out either.  I
> suspect that very few people these days appreciate the convenience of uucp
> for mail transfer (or maybe most folks just don't use configurations for
> which uucp really is the most convenient option).

I know at least 4 other sites who want to get their mail from my mailserver
via UUCP....
They will kill me, if that will not be fixed soon.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION