Subject: Re: Linux compat?
To: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@ait.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/19/1997 08:37:59
On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:21:24 -0500
 "Brad Colbert" <bcolbert@ait.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

 >    Ok, you got me.  How do you get this to work?

man compat_linux :-)

 >    My kernel is compiled whith, almost, every compat option turned on.  I
 >    installed just about my whole Slackware Linux CD under /emul/linux
 >    and I can't even get Linux's dynamic linker to run?  Is there a
 >    FAQ for idiots out there?

Err... you shouldn't run the dynamic linker on its own... This is essentially
how I set up compat_linux on my ppro devel box, and running Linux ls, gcc,
and their port of Portland Group High Performance Fortran basically
Just Worked :-)

 >    And when are ATAPI cdroms going to be supported?  I have 1.21 installed on
 >    a Pentium (MMX), BTW.

They will be supported in NetBSD-1.3.  You might consider downloading a
NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA snapshot and installing it; it will support your CD-ROM
drive, and is essentially what is going to ship in just a few weeks at
NetBSD-1.3.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935