Subject: NetBSD on Sun/4 w/o Sun harddrive-Need help
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, tech-install@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Neel <dneel@bellatlantic.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/1997 16:41:41
I am trying to install NetBSD 'on' a Sun 4/110 and/or 4/20. The problem is
that I don't have a Sun disk for either of these machines. I am using a DEC
RZ-23 that I had lying around. In short, I used Linux fdisk to set up two
partitions, tried partition types that were listed as 'BSDI' and 'BSDI
swap' (I forget the codes) and copied the miniroot to both. I got
>	Booting from: sd(0,0,0)netbsd -s
>
>	Bad magic number is disk label!
>	The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

I then tried switching to partition type &h63 (SYS V?)
Same thing.
Do I still have the wrong partition type, or am I going about this in
entirely the wrong manner?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave Neel