Subject: Re: Problem installing pkg
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@law.roc.servtech.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/29/1997 03:59:13
> I've run into the following:
> law:jpeg {101} make install
> >> Checksum OK for jpegsrc.v6a.tar.gz.
> ===>  Installing for jpeg-6a
> Error: mtree file "/etc/mtree/BSD.pkg.dist" is missing.
> Copy it from a suitable location (e.g., /usr/src/etc/mtree) and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> law:jpeg {102}
>
> until today, packages have installed ok, has something changed?

I suspect that this is the first time you've installed something that
uses the X11 tree - and the mtree file that you quote is being used
mainly as a placeholder until the X11 directories are added to the real
NetBSD distribution mtree file, which I believe should be Real Soon Now.

So you could try to copy /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.pkg.dist to
/etc/mtree/BSD.pkg.dist (as it says above), or you can wait for it to be
updated in NetBSD.dist.

Regards,
Alistair