Subject: Re: need a multi-disk boot manager
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Joel Reicher <void@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/13/1997 01:24:55
BEWARE OF OS-BS!!!

The latest version, which is version 2 beta 8, from memory, write to more
than just the bootblocks of the first disk. The other sectors that it
writes to are _usually_ unused by OS's like MSDOS, NT, Win95, etc. but I
think you mentioned that your first disk is all unix. The latest os-bs
would probably kill a few things for you.

I hope this doesn't reach you too late, or that you read the os-bs docs
carefully enough.

	- Joel Reicher