Subject: Re: ST32430N with 1024 byte blocks???
To: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/12/1997 02:10:51
On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, William O Ferry wrote:
>     Is there something else wrong with this drive, or is it unusable
> because of the 1024 byte blocksize, or do I just need to set a flag or a
> jumper or something???  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I'm no expert on this, but from what I understand, NetBSD has problems
with block sizes other than 512 bytes. You should be able to do a low
level format and reformat it with 512 byte blocks though. (But I don't
know exactly how... some mode page settings, I think).

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++