Subject: Re: Creating account and adding new users.
To: Baw <baw@ccrc.wustl.edu>
From: <>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/11/1997 23:47:51
>	I read from the man pages that there's supposed to be a script
>called adduser to create new account account. I installed NetBSD-1.2.1 but
>somehow couldn't find that script.

whether that script should come with the OS has been hotly debated; some =
figure it's so easy to create accounts there's no need for one, and that =
it's a valuable learning experience; others who have to create 100 =
accounts curse the ease with which doing it manually can be screwed up.  =
what *i* curse is documentation for non-existent programs; if you're not =
going to have the program, for *cksakes don't *cktease with a manpage!

i wrote me own in Tcl.  Even had it existed, what the manpage said adduser =
would do wasn't up to a program i'd gotten to love on a unisys box anyway =
(that and the sysv printing were the only things nice about using unisys). =
 it's on <URL:http://dess.tallships.istar.ca/%7Ehclsmith/mkuser.html>

--
Hume dot Smith at Dess dot Tallships dot IStar dot CA
<URL:http://dess.tallships.istar.ca/%7Ehclsmith/>