Subject: need a multi-disk boot manager
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/1997 14:16:52
Folks,
        I am looking to "polluting" my machine with the evil NT
Gatesware which presents me with a dilemma.  Currently my Doom
Operating System is on a separate 1Gig scsi disk and I just boot from
floppy when I want to use DOS (of course, I have my NetBSD as my first
scsi disk and hence that boots from from HD :-) Going for NT means
that my simple DOS scheme will not work, I need some sort of boot
manager.  I tried using booteasy 1.7 since that claims to support
multiple disks (actually, it only supports the first 2 disks it finds
but I can work around this) but it appears that the disk geometry is
stuffed up and booteasy will not even boot up my NetBSD.

So, has anyone got any recommendations for a multi-disk boot manager
that will work on a system with multiple SCSI drives in it?  I am
trying to avoid repartitioning my first disk because it is a real pain
in the arse and I would prefer to keep the disk all unix to make my
source playing easy.

  What do you get when you cross a cantaloup with a dog?        Melancholy :-P