Subject: Re: Problems with union mounting
To: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/1997 14:28:24
William O Ferry wrote:

>     Is there any way to get NetBSD to "re-export", so that I could just
> nfs mount the sparc's union-mounted /usr/src?

  I know Linux's mountd supports it -- the -r option.  From their
man page:
       -r or --re-export
              Allow imported NFS  file-systems  to  be  exported.
              This can be used to turn a machine into an NFS mul­
              tiplier.  Caution should be used when  re-exporting
              loopback  NFS  mounts because re-entering the mount
              point will  result  in  deadlock  between  the  NFS
              client and the NFS server.

  Is there a good systems/security reason that we don't?  Or is
it just a matter of someone doing the work?  Is this an FAQ?

  Brian
--
Brian Grayson (bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu)
Graduate Student, Electrical and Computer Engineering