Subject: Cross-compiling?
To: Port Mac 68K <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/13/1997 09:55:43
I was wondering... I'm trying to install NetBSD-current/i386 on a machine,
and I'm having problems. One tool that would *really* help is cksum, but I
can't find a cksum binary anywhere.

Is there any way I can compile for i386 on my Mac, running -current? Giving
the compiler -m386 xor -m486 gives me the error message:

cc1: Invalid option `386'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Looking through the man page, these simply aren't defined under NetBSD/mac68k.

I'd love to be able to cross-compile for the i386 machine, and, conversely
and perhaps perversely, I'd like to do the reverse once I've got the thing
set up.

Suggestions will be greeted warmly! (Suggestions as to where I can get an
i386 binary of cksum will be greeted with equal enthusiasm!)

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
     www.webtrek.com/mason   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();