Subject: Re: Split password maps for YP
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/13/1997 03:05:20
kgieselm@endlessknot.com wrote:
> Now this works great for most things, but I've run into a snag... users cannot
> change their passwords - rpc.yppasswdd will only work with the default location
> in /etc, which nukes the system files....

Hm, maybe we should implement something similar to Solaris' -D option:

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/lib/netsvc/yp/rpc.yppasswdd [ -D directory ] [ -nogecos
     ] [ -noshell ] [ -nopw ] [ -m argument1 argument2 ...  ]

     /usr/lib/netsvc/yp/rpc.yppasswdd    [     passwordfile     [
     adjunctfile  ]  ]  [  -nogecos ] [ -noshell ] [ -nopw ] [ -m
     argument1 argument2 ...  ]

Furthermore, the -m option to our yppasswdd is documented wrong.
Maybe i should do some send-pr... :)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>