Subject: Re: System Build
To: None <clapp@peak.org>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/08/1997 18:47:42
>From: "Andrew S. Clapp" <clapp@peak.org>
>Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 14:54:16 -0700
>
>#cd /usr
>#make depend && make
>
>Will this build the complete source properly?

No, because there's no makefile in /usr.

If I assume that you intended to start from /usr/src instead of /usr,
then your chance of success depends on the difference in age between
your running kernel/userland and your source tree.  If the difference
is a matter of days, then it will probably work; otherwise all bets are
off.

You may have better luck using the 'build' target in src/Makefile, but
will still run into problems unless your system is reasonably
up-to-date.

>Is there any documentation I should have read by now?

Other than the source itself, no.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel