Subject: qpopper problems...?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/07/1997 15:22:55
Hi! I'm trying to compile qpopper under NetBSD/mac68k-current, and I've run
into a problem. (Specifically, I'm using a pretty recent custom kernel and
the July 10th snapshot.)

After a bit of tweaking, I got qpopper 2.4b2 to compile. However, when I
gave it a bit of a test run, it didn't.

I said:

acheron# ./popper

And it said:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_des_cbc_cksum" in
popper:/usr/lib/libkrb.so.2.0

I'm not sure what this is about. It initially complained about the lack of
-lcrypt, so I added -lcrypt to the set of libraries to be included, and it
seemed to compile after that. (Well, also after getting rid of a duplicate
"system error list" definition.)

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm trying another configure/compile run, to
see if I can try something different, but part of my problem is that I
don't UNDERSTAND the problem sufficiently. I'm assuming there's a library
that wasn't linked in somewhere, but I'm not sure which one. grepping
through the source for "_des_cbc_cksum" and "cbc" turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance for the help. I'll summarize the problem and solution,
once I get things working.

--
Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
www.webtrek.com/mason    awake ? sleep() : dream();