Subject: Re: Precompiled packages...
To: None <mrovner@cygnus.com>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/29/1997 01:38:56
>From: mrovner@cygnus.com (Marc David Rovner)
>Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:44:20 -0700 (PDT)

>So my question is, is there a reputable site I can get precompiled binaries
>for NetBSD from?  Stuff like Berkeley db/gdbm, gawk, tcl/tk, perl, sendmail,
>tcsh, bash, etc & so on...

Depending on the architecture you're using, you may find binaries at
<URL:ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages>.

I believe (but can't be sure) that 1.2.1 shipped with Berkeley db 1.85
(in libc), gawk 2.15.6, and sendmail 8.8.2.  You can find an updated
sendmail in the -current tree; later versions of the others you'll
have to find and/or build for yourself.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel