Subject: Re: SCSI problems or DUMP ?
To: Oliver Bruckauf <bruckauf@swt.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
From: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/10/1997 21:50:34
I have completed an initial test with the internel active through
terminator in the end conector and the hardrive contected to this and
this seems to work.

To summeraise I have an adpetec 2940, with termiantion enabled, at one
end of the internal 50-way idc SCSI bus cable , followed by the dat
drive, unterminated but with termination power to the SCSI bus
enabled, followed by the active through termator in the end contor on
the other end of the bus finally attached to this is the Segate drive
with termination disabled.

Now why didn't it work without the active terminator and termiantion
on the segate drive enabled ? Tiem to have a another chat with a
Segate techie.

Thanks for the advice everyone

-Sean