Subject: Re: No buffer space
To: Wailer <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/06/1997 09:32:04
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997 01:16:22 -0700 (PDT)
 Wailer <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com> wrote:

 > How can I further diagnose this problem?
 > Is 'buffer space' apart from mbufs?  I should have plenty of mbufs.
 > How can i see what has consumed this 'buffer space'?  How can i clear
 > it other than dropping the ppp line?

"No buffer space available" means you used up all of the space in your
send socket buffer, presumably because the packets you've been "sending"
haven't actually made it out to the interface, or something.

I'm assuming you see this after a few seconds of running ping without
seeing replies, and that it takes a few seconds each time you run ping
for the error to occur... Is something different happening?