Subject: Re: connection refused?
To: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/06/1997 02:25:16
At 07:05 PM 7/6/97 +1000, Giles Lean wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Jul 1997 01:27:59 -0700  Nathan Gelbard wrote:
>
>> 	So strange. I just changed to the name of hp300 system,
>> and now it wont let anyone telnet in from the outside (Connection
>> refused). It wont attach to the mail port, either. httpd, on the
>> otherhand, is still working great.
>
>How did you change the name?  What is the /etc/hosts entry?
>What does nslookup say?  Is the machine a name server?  Did
>you just change the hostname or change the domain as well?

Ug. I just realized what I did. I changed the system name
(hosts, /etc/myname), and the DNS name. But, i've got 3
DNS names that are very similar (all starting with deep).
I changed my NTbox name, not my hpbox. Arg! Silly me.

All is working fine now. Now I just have to wait for everything
to update.

	Thanx for being there for someone to listen!