Subject: Re: pagedaemon
To: None <David.Eckhardt@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/02/1997 09:55:05
David Eckhardt wrote:

> 	Should I get worried if everything comes to a stand-still, waits for
> 	a while, and then starts up again [...] ?
>
> If, during this "outage", your hard disk is accessed at 1-2 Hz, I believe
> you're seeing a performance suboptimality that was fixed after 1.2.
>
> Dave Eckhardt
> davide+@cs.cmu.edu

Thank you for the response - it turned out that as my previous scsi
card maimed my hard disk and got rid of such useful files as libtermcap,
I booted into single user mode, and forgot to do a swapctl. Amusing
behaviour for a computer though, looks like it gets tired, has a rest,
and starts calculating again :)

Patrick