Subject: Re: [ and { missing in XEmacs
To: None <codewarrior@daemon.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/27/1997 15:21:14
According to Andrew Brown:

>>> Try using "M-x describe-key" and then pressing the key you are having
>>
>>Good idea, but it doesn't help, because the key is not recognized ANYWHERE
>>in XEmacs. The idea with the wrong key-binding occured to me already. But
>>XEmacs just waits for entering the key to describe and pressing this key
>>leads to nothing. It is as if the key would be defect. But in the same
>>minute in the xterm beside it the key works quite fine.
>
>have you tried using xev to determine the keysyms involved?  perhaps
>one of them got changed to something else?

I don't think xev will tell you much - the key is working in an xterm
so it is unlikely that the keysym has been modmap'ed to something
bizarre.  If the xterm was not working as well then xev would be the
best thing to try.

Bjoern, the other thing you could try is a M-x describe-mode and see
if you can see a mapping for the keys in there...

  What do you get when you cross a cantaloup with a dog?        Melancholy :-P