Subject: Re: [ and { missing in XEmacs
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/26/1997 21:30:01
On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Brett Lymn wrote:

> According to Bjoern Labitzke:

> >My problem: [ and { can't be entered in XEmacs. The key is just ignored:
> >No error message, no wrong characters; just nothing! But the same key
> >works perfectly okay in xterms.

> Try using "M-x describe-key" and then pressing the key you are having

Good idea, but it doesn't help, because the key is not recognized ANYWHERE
in XEmacs. The idea with the wrong key-binding occured to me already. But
XEmacs just waits for entering the key to describe and pressing this key
leads to nothing. It is as if the key would be defect. But in the same
minute in the xterm beside it the key works quite fine.

Any further ideas?

Bye, Bjoern
--
Bjoern Labitzke   | E-Mail: hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de
PGP-Key available | Use PGP! Or don't you use envelopes for your letters?