Subject: nroff 'ms' macros broken?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Ribbens <jon@oaktree.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/25/1997 12:25:12
As far as I can tell, the nroff 'ms' macros in NetBSD are broken.
(I have checked versions 1.1 and 1.2.1).

To repeat, fetch ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/2-nroff.template
and extract the nroff stuff near the end. Put it through
'nroff -ms <blib>' and observe the broken formatting. Observe that said
file is unlikely to be incorrect, and also that it formats correctly
on other systems (I tried Linux).

Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm trying to format an RFC and I thought
that at least the example one would work okay :(.

Cheers

Jon

PS. The mysterious missing 'ms' sections in the usd documents don't help.
____
\  //    Jon Ribbens    // 10MB virtual-hosted // www.oaktree.co.uk
 \// jon@oaktree.co.uk // web space for 49UKP //