Subject: Re: fsck doesn't work at boot time
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Simons <simons@cys.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/20/1997 09:30:58
blymn@baea.com.au (Brett Lymn) writes:

 > You can avoid having to boot from floppy by booting to single user
 > and doing a fsck on the root partition.

I did as recommended and went into single user mode. Then I started
'fsck /dev/wd0a;fsck /' and obviously fsck marked the root partition
as clean.

 > Once the fsck is done then either a) power off the machine
 > immediately or b) run "shutdown -n".

I tried the latter and got an error message as reply. It read
something like "Can't execute /sbin/halt: Wrong address". So I simply
hard-resetted my machine without syncing the disks.

The problem is gone away now, but I am a bit worried about the
shutdown-problem. :-)

	-peter