Subject: Re: fsck doesn't work at boot time
To: Peter Simons <simons@cys.de>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/1997 13:22:50
I've seen this myself when I upgraded from 1.2 to 1.2.1.  I just did an
fsck by hand, and it never came back.  Maybe something changed about how
the clean bit is handled.
	Rick

On 19 Jun 1997, Peter Simons wrote:

> I have recently installed NetBSD 1.2.1 on a Pentium machine with IDE
> hard disk. So far everything works fine except for this:
>
>  | [date] peti /netbsd: /dev/wd0a: file system not clean; please fsck(8)
>
> Unfortunately not all messages printed on the console appear in the
> kernel.debug log, but it looks like this: fsck is starting up. Then it
> tells me that the wd0a drive would be marked clean. All other
> partitions aren't checked at all, because they are marked clean
> already. And then it prints the message above, which I think is
> slightly confusing, because it told me that it had marked the file
> system as 'clean' only a second earlier.
>
> I have various other installed machines with NetBSD 1.2 and never had
> this problem before.
>
> Any ideas what this might be?

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/