Subject: Re: fsck doesn't work at boot time
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/1997 15:05:29
In message <x7afkm3g7a.fsf@peti.cys.de> you wrote:

>I have recently installed NetBSD 1.2.1 on a Pentium machine with IDE
>hard disk. So far everything works fine except for this:
>
> | [date] peti /netbsd: /dev/wd0a: file system not clean; please fsck(8)

I have seen the same thing after installing NetBSD-1.2.1 on a Digital HiNote
Pentium laptop, with IDE drive. It worried me a bit, so if anybody knows
whether the message denotes something to really worry about or not, that'd
be pretty nice...

BTW: With that machine I have also experienced keyboard-lockup
right after booting and after system suspend mode. A suspend and restart
manages to unlock it again. I assume there might be some options I might
set to prevent this. But as I do not have access to this machine very
often to experiment, I'd hope somebody with a similar machine could
point me in the right direction...

Feico.