Subject: Re: can't nfs
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/17/1997 08:32:22
Frank van der Linden wrote

> Quoting Berndt Josef Wulf,
>
> > G'day,
>
> > I just upgraded my Intel-Box to netbsd-1.2.1 after I was unable to
> > nfs mount a partition from a netbsd/alpha with the result that it
> > still fails mounting the nfs.
>
> > mount -v hotdog:/usr/src /usr/src
>
> > will result in
>
> > mount: statfs /usr/src: Permission denied
>
> Using reserved ports is now the default, so this might be your problem.
> Either use the -P option on the 1.2.1 side (I assume that your Alpha
> is -current), or export the fs with -noresvport in /etc/exports
> on the Alpha.

Hmm, tried using the -noresvport in /etc/exports of the netbsd/alpha
only to get prompted "bad option noresvport". Interestingly the man
pages talks about this option (including -noresvmnt). The netbsd-alpha
nolonger is NetBSD-current as it is a couple of month old by now...

NetBSD hotdog 1.2D NetBSD 1.2D (HOTDOG) #1: Fri May  2 07:39:46 CST 1997     root@hotdog:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/HOTDOG alpha

I don't understand the -P option. None of the commands I've entered
have this option.

What is needed in mounting nfs using reserved ports... maybe worth a
shot...

many thanks again

cheerio Berndt
--