Subject: can't nfs
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/17/1997 01:39:24
G'day,

I just upgraded my Intel-Box to netbsd-1.2.1 after I was unable to
nfs mount a partition from a netbsd/alpha with the result that it
still fails mounting the nfs.

mount -v hotdog:/usr/src /usr/src

will result in

mount: statfs /usr/src: Permission denied

and the local directory /usr/src/ is nolonger shown in the
file list (e.g. ls /usr)

Trying to cd into this directory will result in

/usr/src: Permission denied.

The kernel is compiled with NFSCLIENT and NFSSERVER  options
enabled and the remote system has the local system listed in
the /etc/exports list....

The very same partition installs on another Intel-Box which had
the system installed from scratch (not upgraded).

Any ideas?

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf