Subject: yellow pages
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Tow <stow@ssibm4.ssp.ameslab.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/1997 15:19:53
Howdy all,

I'm hoping someone is familiar with yellow pages (NIS). I have been
trying to get ypbind running on a NetBSD machine, but with no luck. I've
tried everything I can think of.

Here's the kicker: I got yp working on another NBSD machine not 3 weeks
ago, but cannot get this one to go. I'd love to take a look at what the
trick was on that other machine, but the HD took a nose dive on me last
week.

Is there anyone that can just list off all prerequisites for ypbind to
run so I can compare it to what I have done? I have read every man page
on the subject at least sixteen times...

Thanx for any help,

Stephen Tow                       Email: stow@ssibm4.ssp.ameslab.gov
Ames Laboratory                   Phone: 294-9648
A422 Physics                      Home Phone: 296-0612
Ames, Iowa 50011                  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~stow