Subject: Re: FAST Sync Serial cards
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/02/1997 14:46:49
On Mon, 26 May 1997, Brett Lymn wrote:

> According to Alex Barclay:
> >
> >I live about 3 miles from my office on line of sight. So I'm
> >constructing a radio link in one of the Ham microwave bands that will
> >give me a high speed link. Having done the link budget I think that I
> >can easily get 2MBit without breaking the bank on RF devices, or
> >completely filling the Ham band that I choose (1300MHz is currently a
> >good choice)
> >

> Hmmm it sounds like you are having heaps of fun BUT did you consider
> getting some wavelan cards?  I _thought_ that someone had ported the
> drivers for them from Linux.

The wavelan cards are cool and all, but I really don't think that they could
go 3 miles...we can run around my office building with them and be fine, but
much more than that is just no good...

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |