Subject: PPP into ISP
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Will Stoltenberg <will.stoltenberg@msc.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/29/1997 12:09:48
I'm attempting to get my NetBSD box to dial into my ISP.  However, the
chat script always fails.  I've connected to the ISP modems with a
terminal program to try to discover the correct chat procedure, but I do
not get anything from the modems, nor does anything I type draw any
response.  Is there some sort of magic sequence that has to be entered
before it will respond?  I've tried user <username> and about anything
else I could think of, but no cigar.
	I thought there used to be an option to chat that would allow you to
watch the expect-script in action.  I thought it was chat -x, but that
option isn't recognized.
	I'm running NetBSD 1.2
	This message is coming through a PPP connection under Windows 95, so I
figure the service is not at fault.
	The ISP service has been less than helpful in my attempts at debugging
this problem.  Is there anything specific I could ask them to help
narrow down the problem?

		Thank you,
			-Will Stoltenberg