Subject: Re: cu: write: Input/output error
To: Will Stoltenberg <will.stoltenberg@msc.net>
From: Joel Reicher <void@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/26/1997 22:58:57
Chances are cu is trying to write to the modem while it's not asserting
carrier detect. Two solutions: configure your modem to assert this even
when it hasn't got carrier to another modem, or put the softcar flag on
tty00 in /etc/ttys.

Sorry, there's another solution. Use a program that doesn't care about
CD. :) Kermit works nicely.

	- Joel Reicher