Subject: Re: FAST Sync Serial cards
To: Jeff Weisberg <jaw@Op.Net>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/1997 20:33:58
On Fri, 23 May 1997 22:56:14 GMT, you wrote:

>alex@vsys.com said:
>| Hi all,
>|
>| This isn't exactly a NetBSD question but that is the only OS that I
>| currently run at home and you guys seem to know about computer IF
>| cards.
>|
>| I'm looking for a card that can perform _fast_ (well for normal
>| serial anyway) HDLC. I'm looking at a target rate of about 2MBit.

>take a look at
>	http://www.etinc.com

>they make a line of T1/E1 (2Mbit/s) cards (PCI I believe).

There are also The SDL Communications RisCom cards. They have several
models with and without CSUs. We used to use these in a router product
and had a fair amount of success with them.

According to AltaVista, SDL has a website at www.sdlcomm.com, but I
couldn't reach them just now when I tried. Don't know if it's changed,
down, or disappeared.

If you happen to write a driver for these cards, definitely let everyone
know. Someday maybe I'll have a need for a sync serial port again...