Subject: Re: netbsd-current/i386 and SB32 PnP
To: None <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/22/1997 11:22:01

[Keith Moore wrote:]
>> I'm running -current, sup'ed as of this afternoon.
>>
>> I have a (genuine) SoundBlaster AWE 32 PnP installed in an isa bus in
>> a Pentium 133 box.
>>
>> boot msgs say:
>>
>> > isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: read port 0x207
>> > sb1 at isapnp0 port 0x240/16,0x300/2,0x388/4 irq 5 drq 0,5
>> > sb1: Creative SB32 PnP Audio: dsp v4.13
>> > sb1: could not attach to audio device driver (22)
>Well, the 1 in sb1 is the problem.  The audio driver cannot attach
>more than one hardware unit at the moment (did it actually find
>an sb0, btw?).  Try removing the sb0 line from the config file.

I think sb0 and sb1 are the same thing, unless Keith has more than one
SoundBlaster.

In order for isa0 to have found sb0, it must have been configured by a
PnP BIOS.  If so, isapnp should *not* reassign its resources.  This is
a bug in isapnp.

I think the best workaround is to remove the 'sb* at isapnp?' line
from your kernel config.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel