Subject: Re: disklabel, mounting MSDOS partitions
To: Will Stoltenberg <will.stoltenberg@msc.net>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/22/1997 09:28:16
Hi Will,

You can leave the last three fiels blank, but you need to increase the
line that says "X Partitions:".  If you've got up to 'f', then it should
be 6 - even if you don't have a 'b' for example.

Rick

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Will Stoltenberg wrote:

> Jeesh.  I leave NetBSD behind for a few years, then can't remember a
> thing when I come back to it.
> 	I'm trying to mount my hard drive's MSDOS partition.  I'm pretty sure I
> have the sectors counted out right, and the file system type is 'MSDOS',
> but what do I put for the last 3 fields? Do I leave them blank?  I've
> tried several things, but every time, disklabel gives me a warning,
> "unused partition f, <size information about partition f>", and if I
> read the disklabel, the partition I supposedly added is gone.
>
> 	Thanks for any help.
>
> 			-Will

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/