Subject: Large IDE hard drives..
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Will Stoltenberg <will.stoltenberg@msc.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/20/1997 14:21:47
When I use pfdisk to display partition information, I get one disk
geometry, 766 cyl, 128 hds, 63 sect.  When I look at my BIOS or the boot
message of the kernel installation floppy, I get a different geometry:
6163 cyl, 16 hds, 63 sect.  Which do I give the installation program
when I am setting up NetBSD partitions?  The install.txt says in one
place that I want to make sure to use the geometries that DOS sees, and
in another part it emphatically says that I would be best off using the
geometry that NetBSD gives through the boot messages.  Which is correct?

More info: It's a WD EIDE drive, 3.1G
	2 partitions, the first is ~1.1G, and is where I'm installing
		      the second is the remainder and holds Windows 95

	Thanks for your time,
		-Will Stoltenberg