Subject: a couple of easy questions
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: a.e.nelson <aen1575@silver.sdsmt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/18/1997 16:40:51
my thanks to david gatwood and bob nestor for their help with my performa
405 kernel problem.  it has been fixed with the HWDIRECT kernel.
i have a few easy (i think) basic questions.  i've installed the games
binary using the installer utility, and there are indeed files in the
/usr/games directory, but when i type the name of one, let's say hangman
for instance, i get a 'command not found' error.  when i tpye ll to list
the directory, i find many of the files have a size 2.  the only directory
in the /usr/games directory is called /hide.  in this directory several of
the same game names exist, but the files tend to be of a more realistic
size.  however, when i type the game's name, i still get a command not
found error.  is it correct to assume that the command used to run a
program in bsd is simply the program's name?
i have gotten several other programs to work, like ex and view.  what am i
doing wrong?

also, is there a way to determine the space left on the bsd drive?  is pico
(text editor) available for bsd?
last question: how does one exit from bsd?  when i type 'exit', it simply
brings my back to the login prompt.  can i exit back into mac os at this
point?  how?

thanks
tony nelson