Subject: Re: hanging
To: None <zebedee@dircon.co.uk>
From: Bruce Walker <bmw@visgen.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/14/1997 08:07:42
At 10:57 AM 29-03-97 +0000, you wrote:

> I'm running NetBSD 1.2 on a pentium 90 with 32 MB ram and a Seagate
> scsi hard drive (with an Adaptec adaptor). Its connected to a LAN.
>
> The problem is that approximately a week after each reboot, the machine
> just hangs. There are no console msgs, and the message log contains
> nothing.

Did you ever find out what's going on with this?  I'm interested
because I'm getting a very similar symptom now on a similar machine.
I'm running NetBSD 1.2 on a P133 with 32MB but with an EIDE drive.
My ethernet interface is an AMD PCnet32 PCI card.

About 5-6 days after a reboot, the box "freezes".  I can ping it,
but no new processes can start.  No panics, no messages, silence.

This has only started to happen after the box became a busy server.
It runs Samba (1.9.16p11) and Apache (1.2b8).  But the last hang
occurred last night during a non-busy period (between 10:00pm and
11:00pm).

Any hints welcome!

-bmw