Subject: Linux ELF emulation questions
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allan Strand <astrand@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/1997 16:28:00
Hi All,

I've been trying to get linux emulation running and have run into
problems with ELF format binaries.  Some particulars of my system are:

NetBSD 1.2, P133

The emulation options in the conf file (note COMPAT_SVR4 commented out):

#options		COMPAT_SVR4	# binary compatibility with SVR4
#options		COMPAT_IBCS2	# binary compatibility with SCO and ISC
options		COMPAT_LINUX	# binary compatibility with Linux
options		EXEC_ELF32	# needed to run linux 32bit ELFs ???
options		COMPAT_FREEBSD	# binary compatibility with FreeBSD

a.out binaries seem to work (for example, an old version of 'xv')
So far, all of the ELF binaries give the

 Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

error.

Any ideas?

TIA