Subject: Re:Re: Q: ftpd refuses everything?
To: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/1997 11:37:13
Yes that it was. Although just a small bit,
this is a kind of a problem one is faced with and there
is nearly no way to figure it out easyly.

Where is any reference about a shell and ftp?
Is the thing with the shell more general, i.e. are there
other services that would refuse to function if the
used shell is not in /etc/shells?
Ftp is less strong than rsh or telnet, but I could login
remotely and nothing pointed out anything regarding my shell.

I only saw "vipw" reporting about my "insecure" shell but why should I then
anticipate that this would block ftp to function.

(I had just installed tcsh and use this as my standard shell)

        Bye   Brusi

            by           ab2@inf.tu-dresden.de

          \____/