Subject: Q: ftpd refuses everything?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/1997 11:02:29
After having compiled and installed a current system (probably also
some etc files :-/ ) I can not figure out why ftpd does not
accept local users of the system anymore?

There is no file "nologin" and "ftpusers" is like this:
 #       $NetBSD: ftpusers,v 1.2 1996/05/08 17:19:34 thorpej Exp $
 #
 # list of users disallowed any ftp access.
 # read by ftpd(8).
 root
 uucp

Maybe there is something with the terminal configurtion that
blocks me from hacking in correct user names and/or passwords but
I dont know how to test about this. I am suspicious about this
because if I remotely give in a user say 'fsr' and look locally via ps -xa
what happens I see:
436 ?? S 0:00.37 ftpd: inf.tud.de: connected: USER fsr\r\n (ftpd)

Is "\r\n" o.k.?

Thanks for some ideas and

        Bye   Brusi

            by           ab2@inf.tu-dresden.de