Subject: Re: swapon: Device not configured?
To: Bob Sutterfield , Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/1997 18:08:12
	Is it possible that you are trying to use a primary swap on something
other than the first drive listed as the swap drive in the config file?
That is, for 1.2, if you have a line of the form:
netbsd root on sd0 swap on sd0 and sd1 and sd2
and you boot with a wd0 drive, you'll never be able to swap to anywhere
because the primary swap device has to be listed as the first device in the
swap list.

The way I know to check for this is to do a
pstat -sk
and if it says swap map goof then you're not really swapping at all and
this is your problem.

The only fix I know is to recompile a kernel with the proper ordering in
place.  Hopefully you have enough memory to compile everything and link it
without requiring swap.

Hope this helps.