Subject: Re: deskjet 600
To: Aaron Groom <aaron@openface.ca>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/1997 16:43:16
It's probably not related to the printer, but to the port itself.  It
should see the port without anything hooked up to it.  What platform are
you running?  It might help if we could see an output of your bootup
logs and your kernel config file.

How do you have the port configured?  There could be an IRQ or port
conflict, or NetBSD might be getting confused about the mode of the port
(EPP, normal etc...).

Rick

 On Sun, 11 May 1997, Aaron Groom wrote:

> hello, I have configured my kernel to look for my deskjet 600 at the
> appropriate irq, etc and it (the kernel) does not seem to find it when I
> boot.  Is there something I am not doing?

> Aaron Groom
> aaron@openface.ca

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/