Subject: Re: Development Environ?
To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/08/1997 16:20:37
According to Nathan Gelbard:

>I'm looking for a good Xwin G++ development environment
>for NetBSD. Anyone know of where I can get one?

I must admit that I am biassed but IMHO emacs does the job nicely,
gives you a language sensitive editor, colour highlighting of the
various C bits, the ability to surf the code (using tags), compile &
jump to the line with errors on it, source code debugging and and and
and.

Emacs 19.34 compiles for NetBSD out of the box, the alternative is
Xemacs which is an offshoot of Emacs with different features...

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.