Subject: Re: FD_SETSIZE
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jon Ribbens <jon@oaktree.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/07/1997 13:35:57
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:
>  > "won't deal"? As in, they won't work with the new kernel, or they
>  > just won't be able to take advantage of the larger size? I was
>  > rather expecting them to work due to the first parameter of select
>  > telling it how many fds to look for.
>
> ... won't be able to deal with the larger size.  I think they will
> continue to function.

Okay, 'tis as we thought. However, it's causing a problem because
res_send() calls select() and by the time it does, the file descriptors
are >256, so I need to recompile the shared c library. Can I do this
by just typing 'make install' in /usr/src/lib/libc?

Cheers

Jon
____
\  //    Jon Ribbens    // 10MB virtual-hosted // www.oaktree.co.uk