Subject: Re: fsck
To: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/1997 16:47:14
On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, William R. Dickson wrote:

> Speaking of which, I had a fight with fsck last night myself.  So far,
> it's still winning.  Essentially, mount keeps telling me that /dev/sd0a
> isn't clean, and that I should run fsck(8).

I'm having this identical problem.  It's not a bad disk, as far as I can
tell, and it seems to be happening on two different machines for me at the
moment.  Booting single-user, then immediately doing `fsck -p && reboot
-n' seems to solve it, at least temporarily.  I'm at a loss to explain
what's going on, though.

--scott