Subject: Re: Summer-time
To: Kerry Gray <kgray@netcom.com>
From: Jon Ribbens <jon@oaktree.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/28/1997 15:36:08
Kerry Gray <kgray@netcom.com> wrote:
> > While I'm here, suppose I set a job to be run at 1:30am on Sunday
> > (using 'cron' or 'at'). At 1am the time will change to 2am. Does my
> > job get run? ;-)

> It runs.  This is covered in the cron man page.

Which man page? I can't find any mention of it in cron(8) or
crontab(1) or crontab(5). In fact, the man page seems to imply,
and the source seems to confirm, that the job *won't* run. Cron
wakes up every minute, checks to see if any jobs are schedules
to run in this minute, and then sleeps again. It doesn't check
to see if this minute is not the previous minute + 1.

Cheers

Jon
____
\  //    Jon Ribbens    // 10MB virtual-hosted // www.oaktree.co.uk